Monday, May 24, 2010

Don't judge a girl by what she wears

I'd like to follow up yesterday's post on clothing with another (short) clothing post, this time on judgment.

Because girls dress to communicate, it's easy to assume that we know what a person is like just because we've seen the way they dress. That's not true, and it's a dangerous trap to fall into.

Even if someone is dressing in a way that we might not consider godly, God is working in that person. He is still teaching them, and they may be a Christian who's more on-fire for Jesus than the girls you know who dress conservatively. It's true! I've learned things about God from people who wear things I wouldn't wear. I'm okay with that. And there's girls I've met whose closets might as well be my closet, but they didn't really know Jesus.

That doesn't mean that clothing doesn't communicate, of course. Clothing still does communicate, but God's the One responsible for dealing with any underlying "problems" communicated by clothing.

We all have weak areas. God is teaching me how to honor Him in one way. He'll teach others how to honor Him in other areas of their life.

Okay, that's all! :) Thanks for reading!
God bless!
Ruth

1 comment:

  1. Yup! Walking beside someone and being their friend is the best thing to do.

    ReplyDelete