Sunday, May 23, 2010

Amanda Seyfried's 2009 Oscar dress


Now, I'm not a huge Amanda Seyfried fan, but as I looked through old Oscar pics from 2009 I stumbled across her dress for the 2009 Oscars. And though I'd probably never wear a bow that large (on anything), I applaud her simple sense of elegance, the modest length of her dress and her dress's relatively conservative neckline. Her make-up is natural, as is her hair. Her jewelry adds just enough to the outfit without being overly glitzy. Amanda, unlike many of the other nominees, looked stunning while staying modest.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I was pretty surprised at her choice. And I was equally surprised at how well the orange/red color worked with her ;p. Well, if you look through dress pics of other nominees, their dresses have been getting "better". I was planning on leaving a longer comment, but I think I will just do a post dedicated to the Oscar styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, red/orange looks great on Amanda. I don't keep up with Oscar/Red Carpet styles from year to year, though, so I wouldn't know how they've been improving. I look forward to seeing your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know, I realized this dress is from the 2009 oscars. This year she wore a strapless white gown, but it was still pretty and modest, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'll correct that :)

    ReplyDelete