Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cloche Hat



This is one of my favorite hats. I remember the first time I saw one: I was in Claire's with a friend, and she pointed it out to me as "One of those hats that looks like a bowl on your head." Yeah, well, if that's what it looks like, it's super-cute.

The nice thing about the cloche hat is that it's a hat that's always feminine. Guys wear fedoras, guys wear baseball caps, some guys even wear beanie hats, but no guy wears cloche hats. They're a girls-only fashion. And as hats become more trendy, the cloche hat will provide a feminine alternative to the fedoras and baseball caps that are cute but not quite as feminine as we could hope.

Cloche hats have been in several fairly recent movies. A 1920s style, they come in many variations, sizes, and colors. So whether you prefer big and bold or small and simple, you'll find one you like.

3 comments:

  1. I think these hats are pretty cute, although to wear it, you should be wearing a pretty girly outfit in order to pull it off. Otherwise... it kindov looks odd. I did have to laugh though, because you put pics of Angelina Jolie and Leighton Meester on your blog... two totally immoral people ;p!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point--you do have to be wearing something feminine to pull off a cloche hat. I've only seen them worn with skirts/dresses.

    Haha, I laugh that you recognized them ;) Lots of places that sell cloche hats have them on manikins. The best pictures I could find that were examples of how to wear a cloche hat as a real person and look nice were on these ladies. But I definitely don't endorse a destructive style of living!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they were good pictures and I understand ;p. Yeah, last time I checked immorality doesn't lead to good places ;D.

    ReplyDelete