Thursday, April 22, 2010

Learning to be Thankful, Joyful, & Content

(Hi! I'm Megan, one of the co-authors on Modern Christian Girls. Please be sure to read my profile, and feel free to visit my other blogs!)


 In theme w/ Mondays post, & what I have been learning this week, my first post on Modern Christian Girls will be on learning how to be thankful, joyful, & content in all circumstances, & becoming a  godly woman who honors God. Now, it is MUCH easier said than done; believe me! These are 3 traits that God has been sanctifying me in these past few months. (Along w/ patience)

I am in the middle of reading the book "Created to Be His Help Meet" by Debi Pearl. So far it is great!  The book is on learning to be a godly woman, & how to honor your husbands, & God. Now, I'm not married, but this book is great in helping to prepare young ladies & teach them how they can honor their future husbands, & God by honoring your father (or those who are in authority over you,) while you are still under his authority, & roof. It's not directed towards un-married women necessarily, (I'm only on chapter 9) but we can still learn from it so we are prepared for when that time comes!

The first several chapters are on learning to be thankful & joyful in ALL things! (Hebrews 3:15, Psalm 27:6, 1 Chronicles 16:8, 29:13, 2 Samuel 22:50, Psalm 33:1, Colossians 1:11-12 3:15 . That's just a few! Search on Bible Gateway, or in your Bible for more verses.) This really got me. Our present living situation isn't ideal, but God has us here for a reason, & I need to stop complaining, & instead, ask God to give me the patience to endure it, and to be thankful we are all together, healthy, & we have shelter!


" 15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude(which is thankfulness) in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:15-17 (NIV - emphasis & definition mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment