Friday, May 13, 2011

That's what prayer is for

I want to save the world.

You see, I have a problem. I want to help orphans abroad and foster care kids in America. I want to help slaves and freed kids, and kids at risk for slavery. I want to help kids in the inner city in America and in the jungles of Africa. I want to help feed the starving physically, and I want to help feed prosperous American teens spiritually. I want to help sick kids in the hospital and athletic kids in sports. I want to help animals and people. I want to do everything.

And I'm not alone. Chances are, you've been faced with this issue as well.

So, what do we do?

God's been reminding me of a couple things recently...

1. I can't do everything. I can't save the world.

2. But God can save the world. That's what prayer is for.

Prayer is our bringing a need to God's attention and pleading with Him to intervene. My favorite example of this is in Genesis 18, when Abraham convinces God to hold back His destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah for ten good people.

God hears our prayers. And that's how we--and He--can save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment