Saturday, May 14, 2011

Prayers

I like to browse the website Six Billion Secrets, just to pray for the kids. Their stories break my heart...but God can use prayer to reach out to their lives.

Here are some of the heart-wrenching stories:

"Every day I write out a message about feeling depressed and wanting help. Every day I delete that message. Every day someone asks if I'm ok. Every day my mind tells me to nod,my heart tells me the opposite. Many that ask don't really want to know. Today l HOPE is the day I say No. If only someone will listen."

"I gave you 3 years of my life. You talked down to me, called me fat, insulted me and occasionally hit me. You're the only boyfriend I have ever had and I don't know what a real relationship is supposed to be like. I don't think I will ever get past how you treated me. I just want to feel loved."

"I told one of my best friends last night that in the past 2 weeks, I've attempted suicide 3 times. 'Oh,' was all you said. And then you changed the subject. I guess no one cares whether or not I die."

No comments:

Post a Comment