Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Respect Dare (based on The Love Dare)

Just yesterday, I watched the movie Fireproof. Its powerful message of love and faithfulness inspired me, even though I'm currently single (if you haven't seen the movie yet, I highly recommend it).

Fireproof inspired me to become more intentional in my relationships with my parents and my little brother. Nevertheless, intentional by itself isn't enough. A plan of action (such as the Love Dare) helps measure progress.

That's why I've decided to start a series for teens based on The Love Dare (note: these are in no was affiliated with or endorsed by Fireproof, The Love Dare, or anybody associated with Fireproof or The Love Dare.)

It's called the Respect Dare, which is to help you with your parents. This dare is based off Colossians 3:20, which says "Children, obey your parents in all things, because this pleases the Lord." (NCV)

I highly recommend you watch Fireproof before starting, and I also recommend that you pray for at least three days and find out whether this is an area God would have you work on. If there's something else He's laid on your heart, then you need to follow that first.

For those of you doing this with me, welcome! We're going to have an exciting time.

Are you ready?

PS: The dares won't necessarily be posted each day--just work on whichever dare is the current day until the next one is posted :)

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you finished this somewhere! I'm a youth pastor working with one of my teens on respecting her family... This would be such a help!

    ReplyDelete