Saturday, August 28, 2010

Never settle

We all have that list of standards for our future husband....

But sometimes, you have to wonder: Since we ourselves aren't perfect, should we compromise our standards a little?

Answer? Never.

Instead, try to make yourself fit your standards. For example, I want to marry a guy who reads his Bible every morning. That means that I need to make an effort to read mine every morning. I want to marry a guy who only listens to very clean music--mostly Christian. I need to pattern my own music preferences this way, as well.

Don't settle for less than the best in a guy. And never settle for less than the best in yourself.

From 1 Corinthians 9, NIV:

 24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment