Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Do You Know Her Name?

That new girl in your class. Do you know her name?

Yeah, I know. Your heart goes out to her. You're praying that God will provide friends for her.

Are you brave enough to introduce yourself? Are you willing to be that friend who God provides?

I've met some amazing people. I believe that God is the One who brings people into our lives, and I know that I would never have met many of my friends if it had not been for Him.

Use that knowledge - that God is in charge - as a tool. Trust that because God brought this girl to your attention, He may want you to reach out to her.

It always shocks me when I have Christian friends who pass up opportunities to reach out to other girls. I'm thinking, "You're in the perfect position to introduce yourself - and you didn't. That girl is so unique - you will never meet anyone like her. Besides, Jesus loves her, and that's enough reason to encourage her. She's feeling uncomfortable/depressed/etc. Why, you don't even know her name. You don't know her grade or her school or her favorite movies or what makes her tick or what breaks her heart or what makes her excited or her hopes or her dreams....how can you pass up an opportunity get to know this amazing girl God has created?" Don't be like that. Get to know about people. Care about people. Don't just wildly reach out to everyone in sight in an attempt to be a better person. Reach out to those people God has given to you, those on your heart.

Trust me - when I've stepped out, even when I've felt like it may be too late to do so, I've met some amazing people and gained friends I can't imagine not knowing anymore.

I know we've all been tempted to just stay in our comfort zone. But I'm challenging you to do something different.

Today, reach out to someone who God has put on your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment